Pupil Premium at Cooper and Jordan
The school is allocated additional funding from the government known as the Pupil Premium Grant (PPG). The purpose of this grant is to:
- Raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential.
- Supporting children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces.
Pupils eligible for this additional funding are those who are registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years (Ever 6); pupils looked after by the local authority and those who have been adopted from care, or who are under a special guardianship order; and the children of armed service personnel.
It will be the decision of the school on how this funding is used. At Cooper and Jordan we use the PPG to benefit the pupils not just academically but also to enrich the pupils to promote self-esteem and well-being. Some of our successful uses of the PPG are as follows:
- Targeted support, during and after curriculum time.
- Allocation of funding to pay for enrichment opportunities including trips and music lessons
- Some out of hours, extra curricular opportunities.
The outcomes for those children receiving Pupil Premium support has allowed them to either maintain expected progress or identify further areas of support, which will be continued in the coming academic year 2019/20. Our allocation for Pupil Premium in the academic year 2019/20 is £77,250.
For more details on the Pupil Premium please visit: